Cajun Low Carb Slow Cooker Gumbo | Keto Recipe
This cajun slow cooker gumbo is sure to get your taste buds fired up, in the best and most flavourful way. It can easily be made on a stovetop, but it was designed for an easy ‘throw everything in’ crockpot recipe. I can’t wait to indulge in this keto-friendly twist on a southern inspired favourite!
Cajun Low Carb Slow Cooker Gumbo | Keto Friendly Recipe
- 4-6 andouille sausages, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 900g+ shrimp (deveined and without the tail)(frozen pre-cooked is ideal)
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 3 small zucchini, diced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 600ml tomato puree
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup broth of your choosing
- 3-5 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice
- 2 teaspoons cayenne spice
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme spice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or a handful of fresh leaves!)
- sea salt & cracked pepper, to taste
- Add everything except the shrimp to the slow cooker.
- Set to low heat for 6 hours.
- Add the shrimp, and heat for another hour or so until they are hot enough to eat. They CAN be put in at the same time as everything else, but they shrivel up really small and have no flavour left (oops, tried that!).
Yep. That simple!
Nutritional Stats & Variations
The ratios below are for the entire recipe (meant to serve 10), which means that means each serving has under 5 net carbs per serving. Please note that the sausages you choose will greatly change the macros, so be sure to pick up some gluten-free & sugar-free options, or make your own from scratch. The ratios below are based upon 6 store-bought gluten-free sausages from the butcher counter. Feel free to add a drizzle of flavoured olive oil to your serving to get those healthy fats up.
- 253 grams of protein (%)
- 118 grams of healthy fats (%)
- 78 grams of carbs (%)
- 32 grams of fiber
- 36 grams of natural sugars
I’ve also actually made this meal with a cream base without the seafood to make it higher in fat and even more keto-friendly without the tomato base, and it turned out great! I’ll have to post the second variety as a separate post because it is truly a meal of its own.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] 30. Cajun Low Carb Chicken Gumbo […]
[…] up is Curry Pork Tenderloin Medallions, Creamy Spicy Chicken, Zucchini Lasagna, and Cajun Gumbo. The challenge is to actually keep leftovers to freeze because these are our absolute favourites! […]
[…] Cajun Low Carb Chicken Gumbo […]
[…] 10. Cajun Low Carb Chicken Gumbo […]