Keto-Friendly Stuffed Chicken Breast | Recipe
I’m not the biggest fan of chicken, especially the breast part because it seems to be dry and bland. I take it back. Every single word! The minute this meal touched my lips, I was in heaven! The swooning noises coming from my boyfriend across the table confirmed that he agreed. Inspired by the lovely Jo Cooks, this keto-friendly stuffed chicken breast is worth the extra fuss it takes to prepare, twice over! Not kidding: Must. Make. Now!
Keto-Friendly Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 cup homemade herb&garlic cream cheese (cream cheese + minced garlic, dill, onion powder)
- 1/4 cup homemade oven dried tomatoes <–click for recipe
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 12+ large basil leaves
- olive oil
- Spread 1/4 cup of cream cheese on each butterflied chicken breast.
- Cover each breast with basil leaves.
- Add 2 slices of prosciutto to each breast.
- Top each with the homemade oven-dried tomatoes.
- Fold the top back over and tie with cooking string.
- Place breasts in an oven-safe pan with olive oil and sear the edges until golden brown.
- Put the pan in the oven at 350 F until chicken is fully cooked through (30-60 minutes depending on the size & thickness of the breasts–keep an eye on them after 30 minutes).
- Serve, either whole or sliced.
Nutritional Stats & Variations
The ratios below are for the ENTIRE RECIPE, which serves 4-8 people depending on whether you want to enjoy a delicious meal that follows this way of eating, or whether you prefer to eat a small portion with different sides to better fit your macros for weight-loss. Either way, at less than 10 grams of carbs per serving (full breast), you have no excuse not to splurge on this amazing low carb meal!
- 142 grams of protein (24%)
- 181 grams of healthy fats (69%)
- 39 grams of carbs (7%)
- 5 grams of fiber
- 8 grams of sugar
For those who need a fattier option, you can add a chunk of butter before folding the breast shut, and drizzle the oil from the pan over top of the plated stuffed chicken breast. You can also simply pair it with a fattier ratio side. I chose butter sauteed mushrooms because YUMM! The alternate option is to only use 2 breasts, slice them in half like a bagel to make 4 thin ‘breasts’, and flatten them with a mallet to lower the amount of protein, and proceed with everything else the same.